Friends of the Souhegan Valley Rail Trail
The Friends of the Souhegan Valley Rail Trail is an organization formed in 2020 in order to advocate for the advancement of alternative transportation networks in the region, especially the the Souhegan Valley Rail Trail. This organization consists of a board of directors and a general membership of volunteers.
Among other efforts to support alternative transportation in the region, this organization seeks to:
- raise awareness of the need for and the benefits of alternative transportation in the Souhegan Valley;
- identify actionable projects and opportunities to form the Souhegan Valley Rail Trail, its branches, and the formation of a regional alternative transportation network;
- seek support from key officials and other figures who would be instrumental in the advancement of alternative transportation infrastructure; and
- obtain non-profit status and fundraise to support the mission.
Christopher Buchanan, Chair
Camille Pattison, Vice Chair
Rich Westhoff, Chair
Regular meetings of the Friends of the Souhegan Valley Rail Trail are as follows:
- General Meetings
Quarterly on the 1st Tuesday at 7pm (January, April, July, October)
- Board of Directors Meetings
Monthly on the 2nd Wednesday at 7pm
- Advancement Committee Meetings
Monthly on the 2nd Wednesday at 6pm
- Governance Committee Meetings
- Finance Committee Meetings
Upcoming meetings and events of the Friends of the Souhegan Valley Rail Trail can be found listed below:
Updates about the Souhegan Valley Rail Trail as well as other news from the Friends of the Souhegan Valley Rail Trial will be posted whenever available.